September 6, 2008

Amigurumi - My New Hobby

I just started this new hobby, it's called "Amigurumi", which is crochet creatures, objects, etc. I've seen people make crochet versions of sushi, breakfast items, and animals. I love it, and it's so easy to do.

Amigurumi is comprised of single crochet, decreasing, and increasing. Oh and you will need some stuffing for these items, and some eyeballs. I can't seem to find the colored eyeballs in stores, might consider buying some online in the future.

I also crocheted a furry hat for my soon to be son. I found some Baby Yarn Bee onsale at Hobby Lobby for 1.99 a skeen (marked down from 8.46). I got two of them, should have bought the last one of the shelf, oh well lol.

I should post a picture of the hat, I put two little bear ears on it. He'll be to young to tell me that it's embarassing. I fully intend on taking a picture of him wearing it. LOL.

I am off to work on an amigurumi swan!

No comments:

Post a Comment