April 6, 2009

The Legacy Craft

The following is a true story. My husband's grandmother passed away a couple weeks after we got married in 2007. In November of 2008 I had my son, Noah. When we came home, my mother in law had left a package on our table. Inside was this beautiful baby blanket made out of granny squares. My husband's aunt, apparently saw her making it one day and said "Who's that for?" To which she replied, "I don't know, I am just making it for someone." When she passed away, my husband's aunt found this in her home. Apparently she kept it, and when she found out about my son, she just new that it was something she made for her greatgrandchild, one that she never met.


So, when we opened that box, there was this blanket, and a card explainging the story of this blanket.
Can you recall a story like mine? Blog about it, I CHALLENGE YOU! This is official! Challenge someone else while your at it... I like me some "good reads" as I call it.

1 comment:

  1. Wow this is so sweet. I love the blanket, I am sure Mr Noah will absolutely love it too.

    ReplyDelete