March 8, 2011

Product Review: "The Crochet Dude" Yarn Cutter

Armed with my 40% off coupon from Hobby Lobby's website, I ventured over to their store and checked out the yarn accessories section.  I really wanted some new crochet hooks, but this yarn cutter got my attention.  I see that some ladies use them to cut yarn, so I thought I would give it a try!

Honestly, I've never used these before and thought that it might be a bit convenient.

Here are some pros:
It's small and dosn't take up alot of space.  You can loop some yarn into and tie it around your kneck.  It's not akward to hold.  The Crochet Dude approved it, and he's cool!

Some cons:
It shreads my yarn and dosn't make a clean cut, which makes it hard to thread a yarn needle.  I ended up having to trim the yarn again.  My other beef is the price of the cutter is $5.99 and that was before my discount. 

Cut with tool.
Cut with scissors.
It's got one little notch and that is where the blade is, which is cool, b/c my son can't touch it; however, I don't think that little tiny blade is worth $5.99, which makes me think that I am paying for the name branded on it. 

It's a neat little tool; however, my neat freak tendencies will probably go for the scissors b/c the cut looks neater.

How many of you readers out there use a yarn cutter?  Does it do the same job for you?  Let me know! :)

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the review :) I think I shall stick to scissors as well...

    ReplyDelete