October 24, 2014

My vagina lost a game!

     So, I've been playing games a lot lately, just something different to do, other than crocheting and watching television shows all the time.   I like to play MOBA games like Dota2 and Leaque of Legends.   Mostly Dota2!

     However,  I am so afraid to talk on voice chat in Dota2, b/c every time I do, I get blamed for the loss of the game or for whatever went wrong.  Why?  Not because I am an "asshole" to people, but because more often than naught I am blamed with the reason of "being a girl".   Girls loose the game!  No argument, no taking responsibility for bad attitudes and bad plays.  THE GIRL LOST THE GAME AND THAT IS THAT!

     Let me tell you what looses any game, irregardless of how good a player you are.   Shitty attitudes and attacking people, no gender involved here.

     When you attack someone verbally, how often do you win the game?   Not often.  If you want to win a game, try taking a more positive attitude and congratulate people on their success.  More often than naught, if a person is attacked, you aren't going to win because they no longer are motivated to win the game.  After all, it's just a game and if you don't win, you can go onto the next one, so what motivates that person to do good for that game??  Nothing.

     People don't seem to remember that the person on the other side of the screen is a person and has feelings too!

     Remember, even though its a game, cyber bullying is cyber bullying.   In game and out.    Quite frankly, it's a cowardly move to say things like "You're a girl, thanks for ruining the game." Or whatever poor excuse you have!

     It's quite easy to be a "bitch" when you have a screen to hide behind isn't it?   Think about that next time when you decide to rage on someone who's just trying to have a good time.

You may think it's ok, since after all you wont see that person ever again and it doesn't matter.  YES IT DOES MATTER.   Hate takes seed and stays there.   If you don't believe me then spend a few months playing a game with one of the most toxic communities around and you will see what I mean (Dota2 on Steam).  Please, go and read the reviews of the game, you will not be surprised.

Well, since I can't think of anything else to rant about, goodbye!



No comments:

Post a Comment