December 16, 2010

Not Posessed by the Christmas Spirit

Dear Christmas:

Since I don't believe in fictional characters, I am not writing a letter to jolly Saint Nick!  I used to like you, but since this Christmas started, I've had a real hard time getting into the spirit of Christmas.

You know I was thinking about that.  What caused me to start disliking Christmas?  I came up with several reasons.

Murder trial.
Family fighting.
Grandpa is gone.

Yeah, those are good enough reasons.  Atleast I still have my sanity and I don't hate everything, just don't like this whole "Christmas Spirit" thing.  I'd be perfectly happy not celebrating at all.  This holiday is supposed to celebrate our Savior's birth; however, I am greatful for that every day of my life.  I love the Lord and He is the most important part of my life.

Baking cookies didn't help.
Putting up the tree.
Listening to music.  Didn't help.

I guess I'll just give up on this holiday.

Sincerely,
Ivory

No comments:

Post a Comment